My Blog List

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Super, mega, ultra, annual blog #15: Reflection

 Since I started Lagcc in september, I have learned more about the world and people in general. School was kind of a foreign environment to me; I didn't go to much school so it was definitly new being in a class room environment. The Sal typing this blog right now feels much more comfortable with the whole topic of school then the Sal in september. Fortunately I have good class mates and great teachers who make school a comfortable place for me and not a source of anxiety; like it once was.

  I have learned more about myself for sure. Before coming to this school, I had my mind set on a certain academic program. Of course I did not enroll in that program, but I met other people who had experience in that field and they gave me some valuable insight. The course of my life has changed. I decided to explore other options instead of resigning to one particular field. I am in no rush.

 I guess you could say the Sal writing this blog is a bit more experienced then the Sept-Sal. I have branched out and tryed to experience as many different things as i could. Ranging from extra carricular activities to even new foods; I have tryed to take the opportunity of being around so many different cultures at Lagcc to broaden my horizons.

 Sept-Sal would have also been more pessamistic then current Sal. I have restored hope for the world and for myself since having a over all positive experience in college. I have met new friends, established new connections, got back into a more positive routine, and most importantly I have become richer for having these experiences. It is a deeply satisfying feeling knowing that you are living your life in a positive way, for positive energy attracts positive energy. Negativity only attracts more negativity, so being in a positive environment is all Sept-Sal would have asked for; but he wasn't expecting it.

 Life is what you make of it. The lessons I have learned at Lagcc are part of my quest for self discovery. You got to try on a few hats before you find one that suits you, right? I would have liked to have learned more from a academic stand point, but my collegiate carreer is still in its infancy. I am in no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment